Finding out that you need a roof repair or replacement is not always the best news. Then there’s the actual task of finding and choosing the right one. The process can be seriously overwhelming. So how should you choose the right roofer? Follow this guide when it comes to finding the right roofer for your Denver, Colorado home.
- Do your research. ALWAYS do your research. Educate yourself and become knowledgeable about your options and how to meet your desired outcome. This will also help you answer some questions your roofer may have for you during your inspection.
- Check reviews. Once you’ve done some research, look at each company’s reviews. Great Western Roofing has a 5/5 star rating for Colorado Roofing. Check them out here: http://www.greatwesternroofing.com/reviews.
- You get what you pay for. In the case of finding the right roofer, cheaper is not always better. Look for quality all around. Quality of materials, quality in business practices, and quality customer service. The lowest bid on a new roof can be tempting, especially if you’re tight on funds. As the saying goes, “good work ain’t cheap, and cheap work ain’t good.” Good roofing companies know they have to be competitive to stay in business. But they also want the job done right – their reputation follows them. City permits, proper training, safety measures, equipment maintenance and insurance – they all cost money. Most of the time, cheaper companies are taking shortcuts in materials and they may even ask you for more money before they have completed the job.
- Use a local roofing company. Location matters when it comes to roofing. A quality roofer that is familiar with your area will get the correct permits. They will be familiar with local roofing installation codes and procedures, including homeowner association specifications. And they will also know about local trends in roof styles and products and building materials in general. Furthermore, local roofers know local weather peculiarities also – that is important! Especially living in Denver, Colorado where the weather is as unpredictable as can be. Reputable local area roofers have strong affiliations with local suppliers and insurance agents. Which means faster and better service. This can really work to your advantage when a really bad storm blows through. And of course, local companies will still be around to honor their warranty when the storm-chasers go back home which leads us to our next point.
- The Better Business Bureau advises the following when choosing a roofing company – a legitimate roofing company should be able to provide the following:
- Local references and roofing testimonials
- Business License
- Roofing credentials
- Workers compensation insurance
- General liability insurance
- Written manufacturer warranties
- Take your time when signing a contract. Get a written estimate that includes any oral promises the contractor made. Remember to ask if there’s a charge for an estimate before allowing anyone into your home.
Call Great Western Roofing at (720) 379-8175 to schedule an appointment. We offer free roofing inspections.